The audition process for this degree is somewhat different than other programs in the School of Music. If you are interested in auditioning for one of these two positions please do the
1. Submit the Application for Admission and application fee directly to the UT Graduate School. Also Apply Online with the School of Music for graduate admissions. These are two separate applications which must be completed.
2. Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to the University of Tennessee Graduate School. For further information, refer to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Send the following directly to Dr. John Zastoupil, Director of Wind Studies, 1741 Volunteer Blvd., 227 Haslam Music Center, Knoxville, TN 37996
1. A Current curriculum vitae (resume).
2. Three current confidential letters of recommendation.
3. A DVD or video link demonstrating your conducting technique. We would prefer seeing both a rehearsal and a performance if possible. Obviously, the view should be from the front (what your group sees) not the back (what the audience sees).
Based upon candidate’s vitae, letters of recommendation, and video, a select group of auditionees will be invited to campus to audition for the program. If selected for an audition, you will need to come to campus, conduct the wind ensemble in a short rehearsal of a standard work, and interview with the band faculty. Auditions will take place between January and April.